Setting up Self-Pay Background Checks
Organizations now have the ability to select ‘Self-Pay’ when ordering Background Checks. This feature enables a User to purchase his or her own Background Check before submitting the completed Background Check request.
To enable the option for ‘Self-Pay’ Background Checks in your account:
- Click on the ‘Gear’ symbol in the top right corner of your Control Panel.
- Click ‘Organization Settings.’
- Under ‘Background Checks Module Configuration’, check the box to ‘Add option to pass cost on to User.’
- Click the blue ‘Save’ button.
To enable ‘Self-Pay’ on a Background Check request:
- Click ‘Background Checks’ on the left-hand menu. Click the blue ‘Order Background Checks’ button in the submenu under ‘View All.’ Select the User and level of Background Check.
- Check the box under the ‘Self-Pay’ column.
- Select ‘Order Quickapp.’
- Confirm that the correct User is listed and select ‘Order.’
- Once submitted successfully, a green confirmation callout will appear at the top of the screen.
Self-Pay Background Check FAQ:
Q: How does a User pay for a Background Check?
A: Once an Administrator has requested a criminal Background Check, the User will receive an email with instructions to provide payment and complete the Background Check request. Payment may be submitted by credit card. The User will receive a receipt by email.
Q: What happens after a User submits payment for a Background Check?
A: As soon as a User pays for his or her Background Check, a receipt will be sent by email. Shortly after payment is received, a User will receive a separate email with instructions and a link to complete the Criminal Background Check application.
Article is closed for comments.